Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rambling Hello from Lizzy...

Thanks so much Annemarie and Vonna for organising this wonderful exchange! I'm so excited to be a part of this lovely group of stitchers and look forward to sharing squares with you all! :-)

I'm Lizzy from North Carolina... I have three adult children... My eldest son, Elisha is 26, my daughter, Brandy is 24 and my youngest son, Jamie is 21. We have five house cats... Gandalf the Grey, Shelley, Merlin, Casper and Bubbles... And an adorable new Brindle Tiger Stripe Pit Bull puppy, Sasha...

My stitching tastes are a wee bit on the eclectic side... I love anything Old fashioned, Primitive, Americana, Samplers, Quakers, Seasonal... Anything with Rabbits, Blackbirds/Crows or Cats... and some Mythical/Fantasy... I suppose you could say I love anything that strikes my fancy! A few of my all-time favourite designers are: Blackbird Designs ~ Homespun Elegance ~ Carriage House Samplings ~ La-D-Da ~ The Prairie Schooler ~ The Sampler Girl ~ Ewe & Eye & Friends ~ Sheepish Designs ~ The Workbasket ~ Little House Needleworks ~ Country Cottage Needleworks ~ Elizabeth's Designs ~ Bent Creek ~ Heart In Hand ~ The Trilogy ~ Praiseworthy Stitches ~ With My Needle ~ The Goode Huswife ~ Hillside Samplings ~ Hands to Work ~ Shepherd's Bush ~ Lizzie*Kate ~ Waxing Moon ~ I could go on and on... ;-) The only thing I'm not overly fond of are very cartoonish designs and geometric designs.

As for a theme... I don't have one... I'll be happy with anything my partner chooses. I'll be finishing my squares into smalls, and I am sure I will love whatever you stitch for me! And as for colours... I'm a wee bit partial to Antique Rose, burgundy, cranberry, mauve, evergreens, teals, sea greens and sea blues, yellows, earth tones, muted shades and shades of Autumn... So I guess you could say I love them all... :-)


Thanks again, Annemarie and Vonna for organising this friendship exchange... :-) I am so looking forward to getting started... If you want to know more about me and see some of my stitching, please drop by my blog anytime... A Stitching Faery's Haven ...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Lizzy!! How are you doing? :-)
Amy

DaisyGirl said...

Hi Lizzy! So glad you joined us! It's gonna be fun! You feeling better? Hope so!
Donna