I stopped doing the send/rec'd list in the sidebar (like I had done the previous rounds) because I had 10 or so e-mails from people who thought that it was obtrusive and was embarrassed if their name wasn't crossed off the list because they HAD sent (but had NOT received). Well let me tell you...when I kept that list and tracked it in the sidebar....I didn't have the issues I'm having this round with people not sending their squares, or not posting to the board when they sent their squares, or not posting to the board when they received their squares!
This round we're going back to the old way - I'm tracking it in the sidebar. Things that had better change this round is:
- Members should post to the board when they SEND their squares.
- Members should post to the board when they RECEIVE their squares.
- Members should mail "on time" or just a few days late, (no other board that I belong too and I belong to many), allows blatant disregard for mail dates, and if they are going to be late we have to e-mail both the moderators and the partners to let them know of our lateness.
- I would HIGHLY recommend that you set up a reader/alert monitor (may I recommend either google reader or bloglines) to track updates to this board so that you can remain informed.
- please use the labels under the posts by using your name; partners name; round when posting about sending and receiving.
Sorry that I once again have to get my tail feathers in a wad, but please, look at it from my stand point - I put a lot of time into this board (which I enjoy and love to do) 95% of the time everyone is on the up and up. There is just that 5% time that things go awry. I've been getting e-mails off and on now for 2 weeks about partners not getting their squares. So this is not an unsolicited rant...please give myself and each other consideration. I try to do that with you when I sign you up to the board.