Monday, September 22, 2008

Halloween squares from Sonda

I received these adorable Just Nan squares from Sonda in today's mail. Aren't they cute?!?! I just love how the spiders' legs on the signature square intertwine and look like a spiderweb. So cool!

Sonda also sent me one of the beautiful beaded fobs that she makes. I have been wanting one of these for a long time, so I couldn't wait to attach it to one of my pairs of Ginghers that just happened to be in my travel kit today. :-) Even though the scissors are really dark navy, they photograph black, and with the predominant orange and yellow flowers I thought they looked pretty Halloween-y (and they go a lot better with the fob than red, white and blue Freedoms).

The squares I stitched for Sonda are ready, and I plan to get them in the mail tomorrow morning or possibly this evening, if things work out the way I hope. I was trying to get Mairi's Round 9 squares done so that I could make just one trip to the post office, but it's taking me longer than I'd anticipated to finish Mairi's. I will make the mailing deadline for Round 9, though, even if I have to lose sleep!

No comments: