Sunday, November 23, 2008

Round 8, 9 and Halloween!

First off I want to apologise to Staci and Diane for taking so long to get the pictures of their beautiful squares up. I was delighted with all of them and have had them hanging up while i decide what to do with them! No that I've finally got passed the exhaustion of early pregnancy I'm trying to catch up on some long overdue jobs!
Diane stitched this one so that it could be easily turned into a needleroll and now that I have found out what that is I think that will be my next project! I love the 3 dimensional effect of buttons and varied stitching! Thanks so much!

Staci sent this square for the Halloween round and since I love cats it was highly appropriate! Not quite sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I'm sure the inspiration will come to me one of these days!


Staci and I were paired for 2 rounds at it happened so unfortunately she probably feels she's lucked out with me as a partner being so slow but there you go. I don't know if she was psychic or what but the colours in this square are exactly the colours in my lounge room so it will probably be made into a little cushion or one of those stand thingies I've seen on Vonna's blog!
Thanks so much girls for your patience. I'm really sorry that you've caught me at a stage in my life where things have not being running too efficiently! By the way, I did find out that I'm having another girl last week so that will mean I can do more pretty stitching (and those "sister" patterns that seem to be everywhere won't be getting overlooked anymore!) Happy stitching!
Mairi